Quad Mt Vernon AE updated burnpot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickwai

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2011
ohio
Has anybody had any sucess w/ the "new" burnpot that is suppose to increase igniter life? I have 2 mt vernons out there that eat igniters? And then I have others that the igniter last for years. Also on the auger jam fault, what fails and throws this code intermittently when the auger is not truely jammed? The shop that I work for part-time only sold the Mt Vernon for a short period of time when they first came out due to the fact that we were out working on them everyother week it seemed like. The igniter fuse one the board is real handy to change... Thanks in advanced for any advise. We have hundreds of Harmans in the field and they are my favorite to service, they seem to be designed w/ the serviceman in mind.

I had the upgrade installed in1of mine almost 2yrs ago and it's still going strong. If the other stove I have that doesn't have the updated burnpot goes,I'm puttin in the updated burnpot for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.