quad santa fe short flame, and I'm unfamilar with the stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pro5oh

Aug 19, 2008
downeast Maine
Just fired my used santa fe, cant get the flame much higher than the burn pot on any setting. Moved the pellet slide all the way open and it only increased slightly after 15 mins, and I fully cleaned the stove before install. The pellets are fresh and work great in my waterford.
I'm finding this stove alittle strange, only 3 heat settings, thermostat must be used, no air adjustments only feed adjustments. Just not the usual I guess. I spent some good $ even used because of the brand and counting on the company being around for years. Just hoping someone can educate me here.

Hope you all had a good Christmas.

Greybeard said:
Just fired my used santa fe, cant get the flame much higher than the burn pot on any setting. Moved the pellet slide all the way open and it only increased slightly after 15 mins, and I fully cleaned the stove before install. The pellets are fresh and work great in my waterford.
I'm finding this stove alittle strange, only 3 heat settings, thermostat must be used, no air adjustments only feed adjustments. Just not the usual I guess. I spent some good $ even used because of the brand and counting on the company being around for years. Just hoping someone can educate me here.

Hope you all had a good Christmas.

You might want to check how the control box is set, somewhere on the forum hearth.com member Balls O Fire posted the information on the control box used on some of the Quad units.

Here are the control box sheets(thanks balls of fire)

Attachments

• CCF01162010_00000.jpg
    CCF01162010_00000.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,524
  • CCF01162010_00002.jpg
    CCF01162010_00002.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1,492
Reactions: DexterDay
So, when you plug in the stove, you should see the blue light flash 6 times, over and over for a minute or so. If not, UNPLUG the stove and turn the small set wheel to 6.

If you have really long pellets, the Sante Fe won't feed them worth a crap. Ask me how I know!

Ok got it figured out. The combustion blower has been alittle noisey on this 05 model. After removing it I found the bearings had alot of freeplay. I have replaced it with an updated version which has an enclosed fasco motor assy. Now its quieter and on high can blow you out of the room. The bearings I'm guessing slowed the blower down decreasing cfm. The amount of air out the exhaust port is double now and the flame is more intense.

FYI: The quad dealers sell the same origanal c-frame blower assy , CSH in michigan sold me the updated "oilable" motor assy with gasket for $100 to the door. The dealer wanted $225 for the oem model. Much quieter now also.

PS. This blower fit the CB1200 and the Castile also I think

Attachments

• origanal.jpg
    origanal.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 823
  • chl.jpg
    chl.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 794
Greybeard said:
Ok got it figured out. The combustion blower has been alittle noisey on this 05 model. After removing it I found the bearings had alot of freeplay. I have replaced it with an updated version which has an enclosed fasco motor assy. Now its quieter and on high can blow you out of the room. The bearings I'm guessing slowed the blower down decreasing cfm. The amount of air out the exhaust port is double now and the flame is more intense.

FYI: The quad dealers sell the same origanal c-frame blower assy , CSH in michigan sold me the updated "oilable" motor assy with gasket for $100 to the door. The dealer wanted $225 for the oem model. Much quieter now also.

Can you post contact info for CSH, and a part #? Is this fan an OEM quadrafire part? Thanks............Brian

812-4400 is the right number shown on the packing box. EDIT ( I see the picture is labeled 'original.jpg' so maybe this isn't the blower you received????) That's a heck of a deal! Gotta have the contact info!

are the specs the same as far as rpm, service factor, amps?

That's what I found, B-mod, but haven't found the blower yet. I hope greybeard comes back!

Don't see it imacman..... Gotta go clean my glasses, I guess.

357-506 Fireplace Blower

HP Amps Volts RPM Rotation Type Frame Size Bearing
1/50 1.00 115 3000 CW SP/Open 3.3 Inch Sleeve

6.0" dia. plate, includes 6 mounting nuts, gasket, fan blade, rotation viewing blade.

Cross References:Combustion Blower Whitfield - Quest 12026011, 13656011, Breckwell, Travis (Avalon & Lopi) Quadra-Fire

This one?????

B-Mod said:
357-506 Fireplace Blower

HP Amps Volts RPM Rotation Type Frame Size Bearing
1/50 1.00 115 3000 CW SP/Open 3.3 Inch Sleeve

6.0" dia. plate, includes 6 mounting nuts, gasket, fan blade, rotation viewing blade.

Cross References:Combustion Blower Whitfield - Quest 12026011, 13656011, Breckwell, Travis (Avalon & Lopi) Quadra-Fire

This one?????

Yea, that's the one I found but it doesn't look like his picture and it has sleeve bearings

Sorry been out all day, I actually got it on amazon through csh heres the part link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W3Q4QO/ref=oss_product

If you do a search and find quadra fires 812-4400 blower and cross it you will see the 3000rpm and .6amps 70cfm is all the same. Also fits my old waterford and a bunch of whitfields, other. Many online stove shops are selling this same motor as a direct replacment but for $180. The information is there, just look around. Been working great for me. PM me if I can help.

well done! Crazy way to find it! It doesn't show up on their site. too bad they only have two of them!

Learn something new every day!!!! Who reads the fine print??? :red: %-P

My 2010 Sante Fe eats up those 1.5-2 inch pellets no prob...

Greybeard said:

I don't mean to be a doom sayer at all, but is there a risk your blowing btu's out the exhaust that you don't want to? Again, just want to make sure, lord knows I've been looking for a replacement fan for cheaper for years. Great work if it matches exactly and thanks!

I would like to try one in my castile, but I just put in a oem one this fall. I have a tachometer, so I could compare speeds, maybe next year...........

Status
Not open for further replies.