Quad Sante Fe cleaning rods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezer

Dec 4, 2012
Marlboro NY
For some reason I have one cleaning rod that sticks out about 1/2 inch further than the other, don't know why I'm careful about using them when the stove is off.Is it a problem, and is there a way to fix? Thanks

Maybe a build up of ash?

I don't think so DB, I clean it thoroughly weekly, and the rod makes a "clacking" sound when I push it in, like the other one.

I had the same problem on my castile, however after pulling the cleaning rods, the left one finally went back in all the way after a little extra push, no problems since..

Sounds like it might have been a little built up creosote, or something.

Thanks guys, I'll be giving it a thorough cleaning this week, and will go over it with a fine tooth comb. Seems like build up seems to be the consensus. Thanks!

Thanks guys, I'll be giving it a thorough cleaning this week, and will go over it with a fine tooth comb. Seems like build up seems to be the consensus. Thanks!
I agree it's probably buildup on the back plate or the far face of one rod. But if you can't get them even, take a look at the photo of my Castile in this post:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/castile-efficiency.120009/#post-1611111
On each side, the end of a screw acts as a stop for the rod. Maybe one of yours broke off?

I agree it's probably buildup on the back plate or the far face of one rod. But if you can't get them even, take a look at the photo of my Castile in this post:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/castile-efficiency.120009/#post-1611111
On each side, the end of a screw acts as a stop for the rod. Maybe one of yours broke off?
Good point swineflue, or loosened up.I had a set screw drop out of the door handle yesterday, so how well they were tightened in the factory I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.