Quad Size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timlynne

Dec 2, 2010
No Central Pa
I just read something on another thread that made me think that I am not crazy. About 5 years ago I bought a Quad 5700 for our camp. Last spring I bought one for my house. From the minute I first started it up I was sure it wasn't as big as the one at camp. I know I can get more splits into the older one, there seem to be more clearance at the top. Did EPA rules force a downsize ? I can't find the measurements on the old one to compare.

EPA rules have been in effect for much longer than 5 years. The difference probably is that the older one is an ACT model and the newer one is the ACC model. There are some subtle size differences between the two models. Judging by the firebrick layout it does look like the 5700ACT has a slightly larger firebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.