QuadaFire 1100 clicking noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon_Glastron

Aug 12, 2008
Upstate NY
I am trying to help my neighbor whose husband passed away this summer get their QuadraFire 1100 insert running. She had it cleaned by a local dealer, who I know her husband had issues with prior to his passing.

Anyway, the stove lights just fine and cycles just fine using the thermostat, however there is constant clicking noise coming from the area near the reset switch. Other than the clicking noise, it seems to run just fine.

The cleaner told her it was her control board, which it might be I guess, just seems odd that after the cleaning it would start acting up.

Any suggestions??

Thank you

Jon

JonV said:
I am trying to help my neighbor whose husband passed away this summer get their QuadraFire 1100 insert running. She had it cleaned by a local dealer, who I know her husband had issues with prior to his passing.

Anyway, the stove lights just fine and cycles just fine using the thermostat, however there is constant clicking noise coming from the area near the reset switch. Other than the clicking noise, it seems to run just fine.

The cleaner told her it was her control board, which it might be I guess, just seems odd that after the cleaning it would start acting up.

Any suggestions??

Thank you

Jon

Is it a continuous clicking or does it click for a bit and then not for awhile?

You might be hearing the auger motor, they run for a timed period, then stop.

Depending upon the controller the time between one cycle of the clicking and the next will be the same. The augers are operating under a fixed cycle time in this case and increasing the feed rate will make the clicking period longer without changing the time between the starting of the auger. There are cases where the cycle time varies instead of the duration of the feed. Both methods provide the proper amount of the fuel for the stove.

It is a constant click with the time interval between clicks the same. It sounds like the click is coming from the opposite side of where the pellets drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.