Quadra ash removal door/handle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcramer

Feb 19, 2007
www.cramersoftware.com
The handle of the ash clean out door on my new Quadra 4300 won't click closed. Dang. No fire tonight.

The door is absolutely clean - the door seats perfectly. But the top, spring-loaded part of the handle that has a hook in it doesn't seem to reach far enough up and in to allow its spring to 'click it' into its holding position.

Dealer will be here tomorrow...but, has anyone else seen this? Is there an easy fix? Am I doing something d-u-m-b?

Thanks!

I don't know if my pan is the same on the cumberland gap but I sometimes just have to give it a little extra push closed to get it to latch. Give the stove rep a call and ask if they had any others with the same problem.

I had the same problem with my Yosemite and it turned out there was a little bit of ash behind the pan. It was tough to see in that tight dark location but there was just enought ash to stop the pan from sitting perfectly on the back wall.

Did it close properly before? If so there must be something blocking the door. The ash pan door on my 5700 is tight. I have to push it a little to get the latch to close.

This was the first time I used it.....thought the latch was defective....it would not 'hold' in closed position...

...turns out I was not applying enough force - Dealer's Tech showed up and had me really squeeze the thing - much, much harder than I would have otherwise. It latched.

He chuckled, said it happens to lots of new owners, and he would rather stop by and see it than have an actual defective latch get bent/broken.

Live and Learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.