Quadra Fire 1000 fans run all the time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joppy

Oct 21, 2009
S.W. Idaho
The house we just bought came with a Quadra Fire 1000 stove. Which I was pleased with having had a pellet stove before, many years ago. The problem I'm having is that the two combustion fans won't always shut off after the stove is off and cold. If I unplug the stove and wait a little while and plug it back in the fans will come on for a few minutes and then shut off, but some times they won't. The manual I found online does not cover this problem. So I'm hoping someone out there can help us.

Thank you

Check the snap disc's. I am not sure which one but there is 3 total. 1 is the overfire protection. Its on the auger housing. That is not it. There are 2 more in the back. One is for fan temp and the other is stove temp. I think it is the stove temp.

If you have a DVM. you could test them. Unplug the stove for SAFETY. With stove cool they all should be open. You will fine one that has continuity. Thats the bad one.

jay

Thanks for the reply. I went back and read about the snap dics in the manual. One is for the convection fan, it blows the hot air into the room. One is used to shut down the stove incase the stove gets too hot. and the third one is incase the fire tries to burn back up the auger shute. So I don't think they are my problem, but I'm going to check them anyway. Thanks again and I will post what I find.

Well I finally got around to checking the snap dics and they checked out ok. But while I had the panels off I blew out the vacuum switch hose and it seemed like it may have had some restriction. Put it back together and so far [ knock on wood ] it has worked fine.
Thanks again

Joppy said:
Well I finally got around to checking the snap dics and they checked out ok. But while I had the panels off I blew out the vacuum switch hose and it seemed like it may have had some restriction. Put it back together and so far [ knock on wood ] it has worked fine.
Thanks again

Better write that one in the manual for further reference. Sounds like the hose plugged and the switch was held closed. Normally the opposite is the case with vacuum switch. Hose will plug and no vacuum can close the switch. Your stove will not feed pellets.

I usually clean this hose monthly and there should be a maintenance cleaning schedule in the manual for it. Maybe seasonal. But I prefer monthly cleaning.

Glad you figured it out.
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.