Quadra-fire 1000. I NEED HELP PLEASE!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sloven2010

Nov 2, 2010
redding, ca
Hello! I am new to forums and to pellet stoves. My husband and I got married last year and moved out together ( early 20's). We purchased a quadra-fire 1000 and it worked for about 4-5 months then quit working. We were both working at the time so we were able to afford to have someone come out and "fix it"....3times...cost us over 1500$! By this time we gave up and decided to save up to fix it for this year through someone else (that guy ended up going out of business). Well I lost my job and we are now expecting a baby so money is tight. We had someone come out last month and they fixed it for 150$..but now it's not working...again. I have cleaned it out, bought a new computer box, replaced the thermo coupler, replaced the ash catcher (I forget the technical name), bought a new thermostat, and the guy replaced a few wires he sid were burnt out. We can't afford for another trip out from the pellet stove doctor, yet we can't afford a new pellet stove either :( PLEASE HELP!

The problems:

The stove turns on but no pellets drop from the auger. After about 10minutes it turns off and wont turn back on with the thermostat (never fired up in first place, but wont even start the stove now). The reset button will not allow me to push it, and last time the (150$) guy came out to fix the stove a fuse in the computer box blew without him knowing why. (I have replaced the fuse 3 times now)

I am 23 and my husband is 24. We try to do things ourselves because it always helps if you know how to fix things that you own. Please help us with trouble shooting guides. WE HAVE NO HEAT! Thank you for your time in advance!

is the stove plugged into a surge protector? very important to have one on all pellet stoves, did you check the fuse in the control box? your auger could be jammed check the owners manual for trouble shooting, I know others will be along to help you out, this is the forum to belong to great bunch of people

First off do you have an owner’s manual or service manual? If not, go get the OM here http://www.quadrafire.com/~/media/Files/Quadrafire/Installation Manuals/man_1000.ashx. Read the owners manual. You need to prime the pellets before they fall in the burn pot. This is explained in the manual. Did you buy this new or was it used? 4 or 5 months on a new stove is just wrong and someone would be taking it back. Like Mike said, a surge protector is a must. Bottom line, if you are trying to trouble shoot this yourself, you must read the manual first to make sure your doing what your suppose to be doing. Sometimes, what may seem broke is not broke at all.

Hello-

It is plugged into a surge protector, made sure it was a heavy duty one like used on job sites for construction (yellow and back ones). I do not have an owners manual but downloaded a PDF file last night and have been reading through this. I also bought this used last year. Are there any specific sections I should pay close attention to? (I'm on page 8 of 41 so far). Thank you for your time and patience!

I think its the vacuum switch. There is a hose that goes to a round disk in the back of the stove. Please remove the hose and blow compressed air into the hose(towards the stove). Don't blow air into the switch or it will damage it. You need to clean this tube about once a month or sawdust will plug it up.

When was the last time you cleaned the flue pipe? You need to do this along with a thorough cleaning of the stove every year. You can see that in the maintenance section of the manual. You also need to do a good cleaning about every or every other ton of fuel burnt. These stoves need to be clean often or they will cause issues.

There is also a trouble shooting section in the back of the manual, It describes the vacuum switch.

I have the 1000's little sister(nova 800) and burned it for over 7 years. They are good running stoves as long as you keep them clean and tidy.

if you hand feed it some pellets when you start it up does it burn OK ? once those pelletys are burned up does it go out.....but still doesnt feed any pellets?

Status
Not open for further replies.