Quadra Fire 1100i, help. goes click, click, click

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirch

Nov 5, 2008
Saratoga Springs NY
my quadra fire 1100i insert is acting up. It's about 8 years old and when ever it starts up the right side of the stove (control box?) makes a click, click, click noise. the click starts slow then gets faster and faster and faster until it's almost a continuous sound and then stops. Sounds like a relay isn't latching or something.

anyone else see this problem before. dealer wants to install a new control box, which is $200. but I think it's only a component on the control box. hate to replace the entire thing.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

the control box has no serviceable parts, so you can't just replace a part in it. And your dealer is right, sounds like the control box. But there is a chance that the thermostat is causing it as well. Thermostats are much cheaper than control boxes, it is worth the $10 to replace the thermostat with a new one first.

The clicking could be coming from the auger as well. There are many things in the stove that could be clicking.

jtp10181 said:
The clicking could be coming from the auger as well. There are many things in the stove that could be clicking.

He said clicking is coming from the right side, that is where the control box and junction block are. The auger/feed motor is on the left side on this model. The control box clicking is actually a common symptom with the 1100i

Interesting...I've got the same problem...a ticking noise on the right side of my Quadrafire 1100i. Is replacing the control box pretty straight forward?

control box is pretty much "plug and play". You have to remove the ash lip and the right side access panel, and it is right there. Make sure stove is unplugged, and the control box just pulls out.

sounds like I'll have to replace the control box. However, before I do that I will be reaplcing my T-stat and wiring. I painted the room last year and the painter messed w/ the t-stat.... however, I think it was doing it before that. will follow up with what I find.

Thanks a lot guys. Site is great. Hate to replace parts that aren't bad..... gotta love the net for quick info.

Sounds like I have the same problem as you had. Did you ever figure out what was making the noise in the control box? is it dangerous to leave it and let it click? The clicking on mine only lasts for a couple of minutes and then goes away. Any suggestions? Also someone mentioned the ash lip and how to get to the control unit. Is it all accessable from the outside, about where the Thermostat wire goes in.

You guys were talking about replacing the actual thermostat not the thrmocouple right?

Status
Not open for further replies.