1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Quadra Fire 1200 ash into room

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by aufdenkamp, Dec 1, 2012.

1. aufdenkamp

aufdenkamp New Member

My Quadra Fire 1200 pellet stove has been putting some pellet-fragrance into the room at startup for quite some time, and has just recently started shooting occasional fly ash (fireflies?) into the room from the convection blower. Stove is about 10yrs+ old, vent cleaned last month, cleaning rods move freely, stove is burning well. Where can this ash be coming from?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hooter04

hooter04 Member

Loc:
    Upstate NY
    How good is the convection blower gasket?
  3. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Georgia
    My quad's don't have a convection blower gasket. Are you thinking combustion blower?
    If you have a leak in the exhaust system near the combustion blower, your convection blower could easily be picking up the fly ash and blowing it out into the room. Time to do some investigating with a flashlight and a smoke source!
  4. DBCOOPER

DBCOOPER Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Stowe, Pa
    If you convection blower is shooting "fireflies" into the room you should stop using it. I would do all trouble shooting outside.
    mralias, jtakeman and SmokeyTheBear like this.
  5. aufdenkamp

aufdenkamp New Member

Investigation revealed the cleanout plate on the right side of the back chamber had been left a little loose. Cleaned/reseated, startup looks better. If I make it through all the games tomorrow with no fireflies outside the glass, I'm golden. Thanks!