quadra-fire 1200i stove flue size?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmei007

Nov 12, 2007
Boston MA
Anybody can tell me the size of the exhaust opening on the 2100i insert stove? I am in the process ordering the chimney reline kit which will be 4" in size. But I don't know if I need an adapter or not. If the opening on the stove is the same size as the stainless steel vent, it will be good. Otherwise I need to order an adapter also.

And also the opening is vertical according to the manual. Am I right?

The store is busy and the manual does not tell me. Please let me know if you happen to have one.

thanks.

As noted earlier, you want a 3" pipe for your installation. If you go 4" you will need an adapter. With 3", no adapter needed. The 3" flex can be screwed and RTV siliconed right to the outlet on the stove. The outlet has army style release clamps that make this easy. It faces straight up.

Note, get a couple spare outlet gaskets when you buy the stove. The gasket is very thin by the guide pins and gets fragile after a couple years use. It should be replaced when servicing the stove if you normally break the connection using the army style clamps.

Yes, you are right, BeGreen. I asked the installer to give me the 3" pipe quotation. He insisted not sell 3" size to me because he think that size is not for this length of installation. And he told me he has ten yrs experience and in my case (go up with chimney) a 4" is a must. that is why I came back to 4" again. thank you, BeGreen.

He may have 10 yrs experience, but it sounds like he hasn't been installing Quadrafires. My setup was about 21', done in 3". It worked great. Look at the chart in the manual, 3" is fine for a 15' run.

excellent explanition! I was tried to read that chart but cannot understand it. What is the horizontal "altitude in thousands of feet" mean here?

my town's elevation is 210ft, 0.21kft, so there is no problem to use 3" pipe even the pipe length go up to 25'. am I right ? thank you BeGreen.

Yep, that's correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.