Quadra fire 3100 plugged air supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

green acres

Feb 2, 2009
grand island ny
I have an older quadra fire 3100. It has the two larger primary air holes in the rear of the fire box. They both seem to be plugged. I tried blowing compressed air through with no luck. Any idea's

That is startup air. There is a plate behind them which is controlled by the startup control lever. Push it back to open it up and jam a screw driver in there or something. I don't know how you could plug those holes solid unless you are burning wet cement in your stove?

Curious if you got the issue resolved?

I discovered only one tube is plugged, but I could not unblock it even with a coat hanger. I am wondering if it possibly was a factory defect. There is no way to disassemble that I can see.

Have you contacted a dealer yet ?
How old is the stove ?
Did you let the ashes accumulate until the air holes were completely covered ?
What made you suspect they were clogged ?

I have the 5100 for a long time and never had any issue,
I am just curious if there is a way to clean them out and if they should be part of maintenance.

Stove is about 10 years old and i bought it used. I discovered the problem when looking in the fire box and opening and closing the primary air, the fire only increased on the one side. That is why I started checking things out. It is not a huge deal, just that it makes start up a little more challenging

Drill bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.