Quadra-fire 4300 ACT baffle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JA600L

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2013
Lancaster Pennsylvania
Hi guys,
I've been working on fixing up my Quad out in the garage. This unit had been overfired previous to me owning it. I had welded some cracks in it (common areas for Quads in the back) back when it was my main heat source. Now the Ideal Steel has stolen its spot and so I have plenty of time to fix it right. I cut the whole cracked area out and welded in a new piece of steel with drilled holes for secondaries. Now I need to find a new ceramic baffle board. Seeing as this is no longer a main heat source, and more or less a second pleasure stove, I can't spend a lot of money on it. Does anybody know where I can get new ceramic baffle board for cheap? Thanks.

Hey Begreen or anyone out there know how do you cut that ceramic baffle material down to size? I would have to agree that I would use the ceramic baffle board. I used a piece of steel in my garage stove until I could get the baffle for it. If going this route, use 1/2 inch steel. I warped a piece of 1/4 inch within a few weeks. Steel works but not as well as the ceramic. I think the ceramic reflects the heat back down towards the fire where the steel won't. I tried cutting a piece of ceramic baffle by scoring it with a utility knife and I failed horribly and broke a new one to pieces. Just wondering if there's an easy way to cut it for future reference and if JA600L buys it I'm sure it'll need to be cut down also. Thanks

Oh ok good tip. I would buy the correct ceramic baffle material and cut it to fit and also use a kaowool blanket on top of the baffle and that stove should be good to go. Thanks fsappo for the knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.