Quadra Fire 4300ACT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JA600L

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2013
Lancaster Pennsylvania
Hi guys,
I installed my Quadra Fire on my upstairs hearth. It was in the basement where the Ideal Steel is now.

It is hooked into single wall 6" pipe with a 90 and then connected to an exterior 7x11" chimney 15ft.

The stove performs like I've never seen it before. I've got incredible draft and strong secondaries. It shoots right up to 700 degrees (infrared) stove top and holds it until it starts running out of fuel. I do not have a blower installed. The flames are controlled but strong and I'm using 3 year seasoned wood. The draft and startup are fully closed.

I would like to slow it down. Should I start by installing a damper in the exhaust or is that a bad idea? Any ideas are appreciated. I am burning clean that's for sure.

This stove is only used on very cold windy nights like tonight. Real feel in the negatives tonight. The Ideal Steel is running too.

A key damper on the vertical stove pipe may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.