Quadra fire 7100 problem. Please advise???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lancebrackin

Nov 13, 2009
Neenah, WI
Hi guys,I am new here and I have a little problem. Last February I had a Quadrafire 7100 installed. Well I was going to sweep the chimney tonight and I started to remove the ceramic blanket just as the manual says too. Well in the process of doing that the Baffle Fiberboard slid off the manifold tubes and broke in half. I was so mad. My question is would it be ok to burn a fire with it like that. I put the board back on top of the manifold tubes and it placed the two peices together. It looks like someone just snapped the board in half and the two pieces fit right back together. The ceramic blanket is back on top as well. I would like to burn it till I get a new one. Let me know what you think?
Thanks.

As long as the two pieces stay together, you should be fine.
Keep an eye on it tho...
Every time you load it, make sure the pieces haven't moved...

Yeap its fine like that. If chunks start falling out and you have a hole in it, then I would replace it.

Welcome to the forums fellow Wisconsinite

Huh... ours was too. We got it used and I thought it came manufactured that way because it was so perfect. Anyways the stove runs fine.

The new 4300 ACC stoves do have a two piece baffle, so it comes out without removing the manifold tubes. They made getting the tubes out a pain with the new setup so they came up with a way to get the baffle out without messing with them, which is better in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.