Quadra-Fire 7100 question....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldy12

Oct 10, 2006
Gardner, MA
We have been using our new fireplace for a couple months and I have a question about the AAC (Automatic Combustion Control.) The handle seems loose to me, I can move it left and right and initially it seems to wind the timer as I move it the last 1/4 of it travel to the right. What doesn't seem right is that I can also move the lever in and out of the slot it's in, like what ever it's mounted to is loose. I remember the one in the store was the same way but I'm still curious if this is the way it should be or not. Also, if I correctly understand the way it's supposed to work, after the timer has wound down, I sould be able to slide it back over to the right and get that last 1/4 of travel to open the damper all the way again. The problem is, most of the time it won't move all the way right even if it's been a few hours which should be plenty of time for the spring to have wound down. Thanks for any opinions or input.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.