Quadra-Fire Cape Cod- opinions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exmasonite

Feeling the Heat
Oct 3, 2010
Novi, MI
Hey all.

Wondering if anybody can give me any reviews/opinions on the Quadra-fire Cape Cod. I tried searching every which way (quad, quadrafire, quadra-fire, etc) with the word cape cod and didn't get any hits.

Anyways, the local stove shop has a floor model for sale for $1000. Says they had fired it as a floor model 1-2 yrs ago. Looks very sharp and clean. Sales person couldn't say how long it was fired but of course said it had "very light use".

Just wondering if that's a good deal or not. seems like a decent stove but also noted that they discontinued the model so maybe there's a reason?

Thanks.

-Matt

I'm pretty sure that stove was made by Dovre. It should be a nice heater. $1000 for an attractive 2.3 cu ft stove is not a bad deal if it is just lightly used. I suspect it was replaced by the Cumberland Gap which may have more competitive features or more made in WA parts, not sure.

Hmmm... the salesperson also mentioned the $300 tax credit would apply to this stove so $700 is starting to sound better and better.

The Cape Cod has been discontinued for over 5 years. It was an Isle Royal without the top load feature. It could have a Dovre or Quadrafire label on the back.

You can get the manual from this page, although the download is not cooperating with me right now.

http://tinyurl.com/4jwj2e2

---

Got the manual to download, looks like it could also be branded Aladdin.

One thing I just remembered, any of the castings might be hard to come by. I had to replace the top casting on two of them in the last 2 years and it was lucky they had some laying around in the warehouse, otherwise they said it would not have been available at all. The stove is reaching its end of life for replacement parts availability.

JTP-

Thanks for the info. Based on that, might take a pass. If it were a little cheaper, maybe. Who knows... if it's still there in 6 months, maybe i'll offer $500 for it or something. Old Merlin3 is treating me well for now and tolerant of the un-lined chimney. I know my next stove will be a 1-2 punch of stove and new liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.