1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Quadra-Fire Castile Questions

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kbjelka, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    I am finally getting my Quad Castile on 10/1 after a 12 week wait. My nearest power outlet is about 8 feet from the right side of my hearth where the Castile cord plugs into the insert. Can it be plugged in to the left of the insert and if so will it reach? Also wondering what type of cable the thermostat uses. I am thinking of pre-wiring for the thermostat before the installers arrive. Final question, is the Castile compatable with any battery backup options?

Thanks to all who respond...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    The cord probably won't reach. But there are good 6 ft., 3 prong extension cords at the local hardware store. We needed this for our insert. Use 2 wire thermostat or doorbell cable for the thermostat.
  3. teddy1971

teddy1971 Member

Loc:
    Orange County NY
  4. 2c3d

2c3d Member

Loc:
    n/w N.J.
    since you are having installers do the job wiring the thermostat should be included.....let them do the entire job...if there's a problem with the stove or thermostat you have recourse....

sister and brother in law also use extension cord....good luck...
  5. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Not too sure this one will work as a power back up. The specs on the CB1200i require 800 watts min and the 850AVR is spec at 510 watts. The Castile has the same basic set up as the 1200i. I could not find the power specs on the Castile. I think the ignitor has a heavy load demand.
  6. bostonbaked

bostonbaked Member

Loc:
    south shore
    As I was recently reminded. Don't forget to use a surge suppressor to protect your electronics.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.