Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 Let me know what you think.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starksb

Jan 18, 2009
West MI
Does anybody have a Quadra fire Classic bay 1200. I am thinking of getting one. I would like to know the pros and cons of the pellet stove. Let me know what you think.
Thanks

I understand they are Chinese made (at least the castings are)... if that makes a difference to you.

I have a CB1200i and this is the beginning of my second season using it. It has done real well for me thus far. Wish the hopper was a little bigger but other than that no problems at all. Have about 1500 sq feet of living area on two floors and can heat the entire house even during the coldest of winter days. Keep it nice and clean and it will last a long time. If you run a search you will find many posts and CB1200. One word of advice, make sure you buy from a dealer who will service the stove if need be, nothing worse than buying something and then not being able to get service for it when it breaks. Good luck.

Pros:
Easy maintenance, very dependable, doesn't seem too fussy about which pellets I buy...

Cons:
Made in China, does not have a low/hi thermostat mode so when the thermostat calls for heat it has to run the ignitor and get going again. I would greatly prefer a stove that cycles between low/hi when thermostat calls for heat.

Be aware that the glass gets dirty on this stove only hours after you clean it so unless you want to clean the glass every day it pretty much always looks filthy.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have...

starksb said:
Does anybody have a Quadra fire Classic bay 1200. I am thinking of getting one. I would like to know the pros and cons of the pellet stove. Let me know what you think.
Thanks

Good stove, but as been mentioned, made in China, and smallish hopper. If you want a stove that has the same looks, is made in the USA, and has a 100Lb+ hopper, look at an Avalon Astoria. Lopi Yankee is same stove, but a little smaller hopper (80 lbs).

I had an Astoria, never had a single problem. Well made, quiet, easy to clean & work on. Good quality stoves, IMO.

Welcome stark...... got ours about a year ago.....I burn lignetics and only have to touch up the window every 4th day of burning...(however I'm a fussy guy)......, I like the large window and the radiant heat that comes off of it. Hooked the thermostat up to it otherwise on either end of the heating season, it will cook you out on low. Got the 24K gold door and grill kit for extra $$ but stove looks really great in our living room. Has a large hopper that takes (2) - 40 lb bags of pellets = less filling. It's made very solid to a tune of 350 lbs. :-/ installed it myself...was very easy except for the weight....my 20 year old son helped me get it into place along with a hand truck... glad we don't have to move it......

Very few major problems have shown up on this site for this model, I haven't had any yet (touch wood) but one thing I like is that its not too sophisticated technology to be worked on if it was needed. I asked my dealer what he had in his home and he had the same but only the insert model...thats what finally decided it for me. (he sold 4 other makes) Easy to clean, has pull rods to easily clean the heat exchanger tubes (I like that), has a large ash pan. Two fan speeds for each heating setting,(Low, Med & Hi). Bearings are sealed so no lubrication required.......I don't have any negatives right now...... attached a pic of ours and a spec sheet which you may already have...... happy stove hunting....CC :lol:

Click on Pic for close-up...

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 541
  • Quad Specs.jpg
    Quad Specs.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 453
I like that you even have a 'hearth pad' for the dogs!!!!!

I like mine, would not own anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.