Quadra Fire classic bay 1200 start up problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelp

Sep 23, 2013
Just installed a used Quadra Fire classic bay 1200. When I plug it in the exhaust fan does not come on as stated in manual. When I turn thermostat on the pot gets hot but no pellets drop. The fan motor sound like it is humming but not turning fan. I cleaned the entire stove prior to turning on. Is there something I am missing.

Remove and check the exhaust fan to make sure it is not binding and can revolve freely. If not, it may have a bad bearing.

how do you remove the fan? I see a small fan nex to the motor and I can push it around with small screw driver with ease.

Hi Need If poss put power directly to comb motor, make sure wires are connected well too. Could be a bad motor. If exh blower not moving, no vac sw closure and no pellet droppage. Could be a bad control board too I believe. Make sure control board is firmly seated in its slot too. Prob a bad comb blower or its blocked from turning, if the ignitor is heating up it seems the control board is doing its part. Good luck.

Exhaust Blower is on the left side of stove as you look at it with the glass facing you. Blower should come on immediately upon plugging in stove whether or not the thermostat is calling for heat. There are 2 wires on the blower motor connected with spade connectors. Make sure these are on tight and in good shape. You should be able to move motor freely when the power is off. If you need to replace the motor, it is held in place by 4 or 5 Philips screws, you'll probably need new gasket too. Like stovelark said earlier: if exhaust blower does not turn on, none of the other steps to get a fire will happen.
Let us know what you find!

Just installed a used Quadra Fire classic bay 1200. When I plug it in the exhaust fan does not come on as stated in manual. When I turn thermostat on the pot gets hot but no pellets drop. The fan motor sound like it is humming but not turning fan. I cleaned the entire stove prior to turning on. Is there something I am missing.
As mentioned above, w/o the exhaust fan running, nothing else will happen. The stove vacuum sensor isn't seeing any vacuum, so that's why the pellets aren't dropping.

Too may people think a "complete cleaning" is vacuuming out the firebox......there's so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.