Quadra fire classic Bay 1200 thermostat wire question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian T

Sep 3, 2014
New Jersey
Hello,

I am installing a CB 1200 I just bought used. I have what may be a dumb question.

The manual says the thermostat wires attach to the 2 center screws on the terminal block, but doesn't say which side the red and white wires go on. Does anybody know?

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hello,

I am installing a CB 1200 I just bought used. I have what may be a dumb question.

The manual says the thermostat wires attach to the 2 center screws on the terminal block, but doesn't say which side the red and white wires go on. Does anybody know?

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It does not matter. The is just a on/off switch that does not require 24V. All the thermostat is doing in this case is completing a circuit. As long as you are using a mechanical thermostat you should be fine. Anything other than you need a 24 v supply.

Reactions: Brian T
Status
Not open for further replies.