Quadra-Fire Classic Bay 1200i Installed yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Feb 26, 2007
After waiting about a month the dealer installed my Classic Bay 1200i. Like other people mentioned the stove gave off a lot of smoke for the first hour or so. I let it run for about four hours. It still is burning off the oils based on the smell but it is gradually going away. When the installer first turned it on it did not work. The control unit was blinking three times over and over again with a orange light. The service man quickly found the problem. He said he had to re-crimp one of the connectors going to the vacuum switch. All has been well. Today the temperature is 75 degrees so now that I have the stove spring is really here. On another note. After the stove did a normal shutdown I had unplugged the stove and plugged it back in. While it was running the exhaust for the first ten minutes I had turned on the thermostat. I noticed pellets were dropping but the igniter was not on. I turned off the thermostat waiting for the ten minute cycle to end. At that point I turned the thermostat back on. On ignition of the pellets there was more then normal amount of smoke in the stove. I guess I learned my first lesson. BTW I thought I read somewhere that when you get a pellet stove Quadra-fire includes an extra igniter. Does anybody know if that is that true or have I lost touch with reality?

Too many pellets will give a very smokey start regardless of manufacture.
The extra ignitor??????? I doubt it that would be an admission to a known problem with a part,,,, if you need a spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.