Quadra Fire Classic Bay Pellet Stove....HELP!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John G.

Nov 8, 2010
Northern PA
Hello!

We have a Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 Pellet stove; bought it new 2 years ago...it has worked like a gem until this year...I have cleaned and vacuumed it weekly; buy the recommended pellets from the dealer we bought it from; however; It won't drop the pellets consistently, and turns itself off. Today I pulled apart the feed coil and cleaned and vacuumed it as well (as recommended by the dealer)...the fan is blowing, but it won't drop the pellets...I don't know what else to do...any recommendations will surely be appreciated!

John G. said:
Hello!

We have a Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 Pellet stove; bought it new 2 years ago...it has worked like a gem until this year...I have cleaned and vacuumed it weekly; buy the recommended pellets from the dealer we bought it from; however; It won't drop the pellets consistently, and turns itself off. Today I pulled apart the feed coil and cleaned and vacuumed it as well (as recommended by the dealer)...the fan is blowing, but it won't drop the pellets...I don't know what else to do...any recommendations will surely be appreciated!
disconnect to vacuum hose from the switch and BLOW through it, reconnect and try again.

John G. said:
Hello!

Please describe exactly how you cleaned the stove.

Have you changed any feed adjustments on the stove?

Welcome to the board.

Read the owners manual and follow the instructions. Check you exhaust and make sure it is clean. Check your combustion blower and make sure it is clean.

Not trying to be "mean" but taking care of the easiest problems first.

Eric

I just wanted to thank you all for helping me out...I went ahead and checked all the potential issues you all mentioned and found the exhaust fan behind a panel...sure enough there was a load of ash beneath the fan! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.