Quadra Fire convection blower starts and stops

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadman2004

Feb 4, 2015
Central CT
Hello All,

I have a Quadra Fire 1200i insert. I am having a bit of trouble with the convection blower on start up.The stove starts and comes up to temp fine. When its warmed up, the initial start of the convection blower sometimes takes a couple tries before it runs.
A few minutes after the fire gets going the blower will start as expected, sometimes it with runs for only a few seconds then shut off. 20-30 seconds later it will start again. this may happen once or twice then it will run perfect as long as needed.
Is this possibly a bad snap disc? or something more serious?

My money is on a bad snap disc. It also may not be making good contact with the surface it's mounted to, either dirty or loose. Or, it may be a loose connection.

2nd the snap disk. However, I've seen this before where stove runs for 10 minutes, convection fan finally comes on, then fan shuts off as heat is removed from area where snap disk is located.

These disks aren't smart devices but pieces of metal that deform with temperature. Pretty inexpensive to replace though.

Measuring voltage across snap disk when fan comes in and goes off during stove warm up will reveal whether its the disk or wire issues.

My money is on disc or bad connections. What year stove is it? kap

Or.....a loose connection created by frequent cleaning. The heating of the stove causes the contacts to become just loose enough to cause the issue. Check them and make sure the crimp connectors of the fan and snap disk are snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.