1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Quadra-Fire Deliveries

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kbjelka, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    Anybody else finding their Quadra-Fire Dealer missing install dates? Mine has been pushed back twice. My stove was ordered the first week of June and is now not scheduled to arrive until the last week of October.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    What model did you order?
  3. cncpro

cncpro New Member

Loc:
    NE Connecticut, USA
    I ordered a Quad CB1200 the first week of June and took delivery mid July which was a few weeks earlier than promised. I was pretty happy about that because I am an extremely impatient person. Fully installed now and works great.
  4. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    The model I ordered Castile Insert in Flat Black. The dealer did say that most of their orders from Quad had been delayed. They said the October date was a worst case scenario and they hoped to get it sooner.
  5. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    I was suppose to get mine in 8 weeks, the 8 weeks will be up Thursday.
  6. kpereyra

kpereyra New Member

Loc:
    Fairfield County, CT
    I called my dealer last week and he said we were still on target for mid-Sept. Mind if I ask which dealer? I'm in Western CT also.
  7. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    I'll send you a PM on the dealer. I'd rather not identify them publicly since they have been great with the exception of providing unrealistic dates. Seems to be more of a problem with Quadra-Fire based on what they tell me.
  8. kpereyra

kpereyra New Member

Loc:
    Fairfield County, CT
    Got it. Thanks
  9. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    Hey slls, please let me know what news comes on Thursday regarding your install. I'm starting to feel like I am the only one experiencing a several month delay.
  10. bostonbaked

bostonbaked Member

Loc:
    south shore
  11. offingmoot

offingmoot New Member

Loc:
    Central/South Jersey
    i ordered a santa fe insert 7/31 just before prices went up i was promised it would be in stock in time for an 8/19 install. just called the shop and the only part they dont have is the nickel door trim should arrive 9/19
    they had the stove within a week
  12. bostonbaked

bostonbaked Member

Loc:
    south shore
    Offingmoot, Are they charging you the increased price? I bought/ordered with a grand down on July 1st. and looks like I may be stuck paying it. Was told today by the Regonial sales Manager That all stoves that SHIPPED after August 4th. would be at the higher price. I told him I smell a rat and he is checking with coprate to see if I'm stuck with it. He says he'll get back to me. We'll see.
  13. offingmoot

offingmoot New Member

Loc:
    Central/South Jersey
    my dealer was great...when i finally ordered it was late on the 31st they already had all the new prices in their computer.....not only did they ring me up for the cheaper prices, they let me send them my deposit as a check so i could save 3% by paying cash!!! i thought it was awesome!!!
    i remember him saying they had a certain amount promised from Quad and it was just a a matter of getting it shipped from the wharehouse to their store.
  14. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    I guess the silver lining in my situation is that they are honoring the prices quoted in June despite the price increase. This despite the fact that I put nothing down on the order. Granted I have not received anything yet and the delivery date has changed several times. I guess time will tell if they stand by their word on the pricing.
  15. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    I went to the store today and said my 8 weeks were up, he said another 4-6 weeks. Well that is still warm weather for install. He told me any stoves ordered now would be delivered between 1-09 and 4-09.
  16. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    Thanks for the update. That sounds about the same as story I'm getting from my dealer. Now I don't feel singled out. Misery loves company.
  17. stejus

stejus Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central MA
    Ordered mine over the phone on July 26th. Went to dealer today to discuss install. Asked when the stove is arriving and they paused and looked at a long list. I overheard someone say he's all set. I aksed what do you mean "all set"?. They told me they had to call a large number of customers to tell them they were not getting the stove they thought they were getting in August and it may be Jan before they arrive. I asked what about mine that you promised was on the truck. They told me it will be deliverd sometime in August.
  18. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    Keep us posted on your August date. My dealer told me several times I was all set for August only to push it to the end of October at the last minute. Hope it works out for you.
  19. dsnedegar3

dsnedegar3 Member

Loc:
    Southern Connecticut
    I ordered my Mount Vernon AE insert around 7/1 and delivery was supposed to be 8/30. Dealer is getting no communication at this point from Quadrafire regarding shipment. They say they are supposed to get and update, but they never do.
  20. bigbird

bigbird New Member

Loc:
    northeast PA
    This is the same exact thing i went through with Harman. And it did not turn out good.
  21. dsnedegar3

dsnedegar3 Member

Loc:
    Southern Connecticut
    That's why I went with Quadrafire, even though they are owned by the same company. I wouldn't want to be a dealer of Haman/Quadrafire who has to deal with the end-user.
  22. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    Check out the thread "Not always the dealers fault" and you'll find some dealers want to level the blame on consumers. Apparently being a dealer would be great if it wasnt for those damn customers.
  23. dsnedegar3

dsnedegar3 Member

Loc:
    Southern Connecticut
    I'm not blaming my dealer, I'm blaming the manufacturer for lack of communication with their dealers. There is all sorts of blame that can go around, but at the end of the day, if the dealer has placed orders for months in advance and with the onoing issues, you would think they would try to provide better updates to their dealers about order status.
  24. kbjelka

kbjelka New Member

Loc:
    Western CT
    I'm not bashing the dealer either but I think these guys blaming customers is BS. I have been very patient with my dealer and they have been very apologetic.
  25. bostonbaked

bostonbaked Member

Loc:
    south shore
    Daves, If you look up at message 9 and click the link to Quads' site you will see they claim all dealers have been told what their getting up through November. If you look at the post titled IS MY DEALER FULL OF IT you'll see the crap I as well as many others went, or are going through. Happy to say after getting the same lame answers I started to push the issue and I picked up my Santa Fe this morning. They made it a really crappy experiance all in all. Things had to get nasty to get any action out of them. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'm not to worried that they will try to withhold or delay service because the law states if they do they have problems. I hope I don't need them but if I do, they have no choice but to preform. I also ran the issue of the increases in price that came in August being applied to july purchases past my lawyer and he says I will have to live with it. He said as long as they told me that was the deal. He said I had the option to walk. He did think it was a crappy way to do business and thought I should groan to the home office which I have done. Good luck It appears there way more bad dealers than good. Some folks seem to be very happy with their dealers. I'm NOT!!!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.