Quadra-Fire Deliveries

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to report that the Quadrafire AE that I ordered on July 5th just arrived at my dealer and is schedule for installation at the begining of september. I had an opportunity get the stove from another dealer but he wanted to charge me $1300 more for the same setup. I'm glad I stayed with my original order (thanks to you guys and your advice). The stove was scheduled to arrive in early to mid september so arrival dates will just depend on how quickly Quadrafire can ship out to your dealer. Just be patient and I'm certain most everyone will receive their stove before it gets really cold. By the way I paid $4400 for the MT Vernon AE with hearth pad, installation and two tons of Mountain Creek Pellets. This was before the increase went into affect and the dealer did not try to make me pay the difference in cost. Make sure you are dealing with a dealer that is on the up and up. How they treat you now may be a reflection of how they treat you if your stove is down and you need service. I will post pictures once the installation has been completed. Good Luck to All.

Teddy1971, Good for you. Another one comming on line. Just picked up my Santa Fe this morning.

That's good news Teddy1971. Sounds like you got a screaming deal to boot. Good luck with the stove.

Ordered a Quad Castile insert on June 7th with 4 tons of pellets. The dealer scheduled an install date of Aug 26th. They said that the stove would get delivered with the pellets and that they would call sometime in June or July to schedule a delivery. They did call and everything was delivered yesterday. The delivery guys took a look at my setup to make sure that there would be no surprises on Aug 26th. The confirmed the install date. I wanted a Harman and became really upset with the dealer's attitude, so I went with Quadrafire...and that was before this whole Harman-mess. I am very pleased with the Quadrafire dealer so far. No BS.

Always wanted to live in New Hampshire, now I have one more reason. Congradulations in the new stove. Glad to hear things are working out for people. I ordered the same unit. Let me know how you make out firing it up.

What Grounghog said ( plus 1) If the real estate market was not so bad I would be there now. Great State Live Free Or Die !

I put a deposit down in July when my dealer told me my Castile was on the truck for an August delivery. I just got called last night and they now tell me the shipment has been delayed becasue of backorders at Quadra-Fire. They now expext it to arrive on Dec 15th. I need to make a decision to hang on or get my deposit back and wait until next year when there's an boat load of pellet stove inventory!

Sounds like the same experience I had. I am courious if they gave you 12/15 as a hard date or worst case? My dealer is telling me 10/21 is the worst case but they are hoping to have mine sooner. My order was placed in mid June.

Groundhog said:
Sounds like the same experience I had. I am courious if they gave you 12/15 as a hard date or worst case? My dealer is telling me 10/21 is the worst case but they are hoping to have mine sooner. My order was placed in mid June.

I don't know for sure because the person I spoke with was not the sales rep, she was in the accounting dept. She asked if I wanted a credit on my credit card. She did mention Dec 15th as when they expect the delivery. I'm not sure I want to believe any Quad dealer at this point. This dealer kept telling me its on the truck. Then she told me I was one of the lucky ones who ordered just in time so I was safe with my Aug delivery. Then I get this call to tell me it's now December.

I had another experience with another Quad dealer. They told me nothing until March 09. Three days later he calls me on the phone and leaves a message that they have some coming in October. I didn't call back because I already put a deposit down with this other dealer.

I think I am going to wait it out and I may even change my mind and go with an insert vs a freestand. This will give me more time to think about it.

I saw my dealer last week, I was told some June orders were coming in. I ordered 6-19 and nothing yet.

stejus said:
Groundhog said:

I don't know for sure because the person I spoke with was not the sales rep, she was in the accounting dept. She asked if I wanted a credit on my credit card. She did mention Dec 15th as when they expect the delivery. I'm not sure I want to believe any Quad dealer at this point. This dealer kept telling me its on the truck. Then she told me I was one of the lucky ones who ordered just in time so I was safe with my Aug delivery. Then I get this call to tell me it's now December.

I had another experience with another Quad dealer. They told me nothing until March 09. Three days later he calls me on the phone and leaves a message that they have some coming in October. I didn't call back because I already put a deposit down with this other dealer.

I think I am going to wait it out and I may even change my mind and go with an insert vs a freestand. This will give me more time to think about it.

That's funny because after dealing with the sales guys for months I was shifted over to a women in accounting when the news got real bad.

Our dealer in Central mass just sent out a letter stating that Qaudra-Fire over estimated their ability to produce stoves and now any insert purchased after 7/1/08 had a "TBD" delivery date. Originally it was Jan.09'. We shall see.

Oh man, I just picked up two more tons of pellets for a total of four. I ordered my stove on 6/15 and my dealer has missed two dates already. If they give me the TBD story now I am going to flip out. This sucks!

I am sure hoping you get yours.

slls said:
I am sure hoping you get yours.

I hope you get yours too. I was trying to hold off till the end of this month to call my dealer again but I may call this week. I'll post an update when I do.

Groundhog said:
Oh man, I just picked up two more tons of pellets for a total of four. I ordered my stove on 6/15 and my dealer has missed two dates already. If they give me the TBD story now I am going to flip out. This sucks!
Groundhog, I was wondering, are you going to do your own install ? The reason I ask is because I have a theory .The dealers are going to make sure that someone who is not planing to do their own install will get their stove first. After all if you just buy a stove they only make a profit on the stove . If they are installing the stove they make lots more money, pipe mark-up, labor and such. Just an opinion, but I hope you get your stove.

bostonbaked said:
Groundhog said:
Groundhog, I was wondering, are you going to do your own install ? The reason I ask is because I have a theory .The dealers are going to make sure that someone who is not planing to do their own install will get their stove first. After all if you just buy a stove they only make a profit on the stove . If they are installing the stove they make lots more money, pipe mark-up, labor and such. Just an opinion, but I hope you get your stove.

I am not doing the install so they are definitely getting their fair share of profit out of me. I figure by the time I hump the stove to the hearth and buy the liner it's not worth doing it myself. I am finding it hard to believe that they have not received enough stoves since June to get my install done. I've been pretty easy on them about missing the first two dates so maybe they are taking care of the squeaky wheels. I'm hoping nice guys don't finish last in this case. My other concern is that once the stove arrives the installers will be so backed up that it may cause another delay. I'll keep you all posted.

Anyone order out of the Quadrafire dealer in Meriden CT? I ordered last week of June and was told it was due last week of August. When I inquire, they say they haven't heard any revised dates -- that was a few weeks ago. Have not been called yet, and their e-mail was full.

Just curious -- anyone have any recent news Mount Vernon AEs on delivery from this dealer?

Congradulations jack1888 that's good news. Maybe there is hope for those of us waiting as well.

Just talke to my dealer on my July 1 Quadrafire Mount Vernon AE Insert order -- it's coming in no sooner than Jan 1, with no real delivery commitment timeframe at the moment.

I was just updated that my order, July 18th, for a MT Vernon will be in on Dec./Jan. time frame. I must say that our dealer is working hard on this and keeping the customers updated with on-line updates and e-mails.

Just spoke with my dealer. My stove ordered 6/15 will be on the next truck. She said she would not have a firm date by next Tuesday but it would be very soon. I'll keep you all posted...

Groundhog said:
Just spoke with my dealer. My stove ordered 6/15 will be on the next truck. She said she would not have a firm date by next Tuesday but it would be very soon. I'll keep you all posted...
That's good news Groundhog. I hope it stays on track. I know how nerve racking it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.