Quadra-Fire Deliveries

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Groundhog said:
Groundhog said:
Well my install date is tomorrow for my Castile insert ordered in early June. I spent some time this weekend updating the outlet next to the hearth from a two prong to a properly grounded three prong. I also ran an 18/2 thermostat wire from the hearth to an interior wall in my living room. Snaking the wire took me a few frustrating hours but I figured the installers would just slap it right next to the stove. My last chore is to pop up on the flat roof near the chimney tonight and blow off any leaves and debris. Hopefully I don't get any last minute calls with bad news, it's been a long long wait!

My stove was finally installed on October 1st. The install went well and I am pleased with the unit so far. I would highly recommend running the thermostat wire ahead of the install. It was pretty clear the install guys were not prepared to snake the wires where I wanted it. It was well worth the wait but I feel for those of you who are still waiting. It was a really frustrating five months but I feel in hindsight that my dealer did the best they could. Thanks to everyone and good luck to those still holding on.

Good luck Groundhog!!! we where praying for you.

Groundhog, Glad to hear you finally got your stove and it's up and running. I hope you have good luck with it. You are a patient man.

Ordered my CB 1200 Insert on 6/23. Latest info. from the dealer is "the stove maybe in next delivery at the beginning of November". It's like pulling teeth trying to get any details.....

My Quad is still not here.
I found a dealer in mid July who had a free standing unit in stock. Bought it over the phone, because I knew no one had them.
Get a call the next day. Yeah,um, turns out the stove was damaged , so we can't sell it to you. (I'll bet)
Ordered one from another store, ONLY ordered from this dealer because I was supposedly able to claim one of the stoves he already had on order from early June (made him show me the paperwork to prove it).
The first estimated delivery was mid August.
Then it was changed to mid September.
As of last week, I am being told late November. I said Uh-huh.
I can't wait to put a hole in my roof in the middle of winter yahoo!
Consider me among those who are pretty pissed off.
Funny, you can go to a car dealer, order a car with whatever options you want, and have it custom built for you in 2 months. Why does it take 4 months to build a frikkin' stove?
Grrr.

Ordered and paid in full for a Mt Vernon AE insert on 6/28. I have called the dealer once per month since August with the latest update being maybe end of October, probably November....told I am #6 in line. I have emailed them on several instances with no response, also attached a copy of the estimated delivery schedule other dealers (Enchanted Fireside) are posting on their websites as a recommendation. I am remaining patient for now as to not get pushed back a couple spots in line for being a "jerk". It is really cooling down here in Maine, trying to hold off from turning on the oil furnancef!

mestove said:
Ordered and paid in full for a Mt Vernon AE insert on 6/28. I have called the dealer once per month since August with the latest update being maybe end of October, probably November....told I am #6 in line. I have emailed them on several instances with no response, also attached a copy of the estimated delivery schedule other dealers (Enchanted Fireside) are posting on their websites as a recommendation. I am remaining patient for now as to not get pushed back a couple spots in line for being a "jerk". It is really cooling down here in Maine, trying to hold off from turning on the oil furnancef!

Would you mind sharing which store you bought from? I placed an order for a Castille pellet insert on 6/21 from Finest Hearth & home in Yarmouth, Me on 6/21. I'm getting the same type of run-around.

DannyF: I purchased from the same outfit, but it was the Bangor office. From what I have been told they will get a couple hundred stoves per truck load, but there will be all different models and colors so they are not able to provide a more accurate delivery date. I would think based on their order schedule, they would know which truck a particular stove would be on...not some sort of variety pack of stoves that may or may not be your stove. I would rather be told a realistic date that is later than what I had hoped instead of being told every month "oh...it should be next month when we get your stove".

Has anyone who ordered a Quadrafire fireplace insert at the end of June or beginning of July received their stove or got a more recent estimate as to when they will receive it? I'm getting concerned about the comments I hear from my dealer.

I ordered July 3 a Quadrafire AE insert and I was initially told end of August... latest update was no chance to get it before Jan 1 and there was no real timeframe after Jan 1 either.... I've heard nothing since and since oil is dropping, I'm in less of a panic to get it.

My dealer tells me that even though I ordered in mid-July, I will only receive mine in January. I don't understand the preferential treatments here with some dealers since the Enchanted Fireside claims people who ordered my particular stove in mid July would get it either in end of November or in December. Gotta love it.

Does anyone know about the energy rebate approved by congress this Fall regarding the pellet stoves?

I actually finally got a reply. His comment is that I'm scheduled to receive my order in January. I don't understand why Enchanted Fireside posts that for my particular model with the order from when I ordered is suppose to be delivered either end of November or in December. Yet, my dealer says that all dealers dates are different and that mine will be January. Meanwhile, they're supposedly one of the biggest Quadra-fire dealers in Massachusetts.

NewEnglander said:
. Meanwhile, they're supposedly one of the biggest Quadra-fire dealers in Massachusetts.

oviestly not one of the top 10

Called my dealer today and was told I have a "confirmed" delivery date from QuadraFire of 11/26 based on my 6/28 order date of a Mt. Vernon insert. Also indicated based on potential cancellations this date could move up. Not the date I hoped for, but an actual date from the factor is better than the guessing my dealer has been doing for the past 2 months.

I ordered my stove first week in Aug and was installed 4 weeks later, clean install no problems and past City inspection. I am very impressed with this company. ] Still not cold enough to burn more than a couple of hours.

I'd love to see this thread die off but it looks there are are plenty of us still awaiting Quad stoves. Ordered my CB 1200i on 6/23 and still no delivery date....

greasesleddin said:
I went to the dealer today.They said my stove shipped oct 28th and should be here anytime.I ordered mine June 28th in Bangor.

Greasesleddin: By any chance is your dealer Finest Hearth & Home in Bangor ?

Freestanding.Do you have one on order there too.Im just hoping they arent feeding me another line of bs.

Mine is an insert which may be why you have a sooner delivery date.

Status
Not open for further replies.