Quadra Fire Explorer III Recall (minor problem)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigil Igne

Apr 26, 2014
Northern Wisconsin
So I bought a Qudra Fire Explorer III a couple weeks ago and I see a recall was just posted by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. Not sure if this includes my stove at this point.

HAZARD: When the top load lid of the stove is being used, the handle can become disengaged from the locked position, allowing the lid to unexpectedly slam shut on the consumer's fingers. (Quantity 650)

I ran out of time to get the stove installed. It'll be going in next spring. I'm not going to get much use until next fall!

I have this stove. The fix was a new handle that is detachable. Simple fix. I actually like it better. Took 5 seconds to replace with one they sent me.

Reactions: Woody Stover
If it's the same as mine, the handle hits the stove pipe when I open the lid. It's kinda awkward.

I have this stove. The fix was a new handle that is detachable. Simple fix. I actually like it better. Took 5 seconds to replace with one they sent me.

I was able to get the stove installed with the assist of my sons last weekend. Will be headed north again this weekend and need to check the serial number if mine needs to be updated. Pretty sure mine is new enough that I probably don't have to do the update. Was able to "fire it up" and am beyond happy with the stove so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.