Quadra Fire Fire Pot Upgrade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob512

Jan 22, 2007
York PA
Anybody install the Quadra Fire Fire pot upgrade ? I am using the lower watt ignitors , but they say they will last even longer if I install the firepot upgrade. Thanks for help !

I have the new pot in mine. It has a larger hole at the ignitor to allow for more air flow around it. I guess it works better, I still need to replace ignitors about every three years. I got the new one somehow under warranty, I forget how. But prior to that I had modified the old pot myself. It is just using a dremel or something to cut the ignitor hole larger.

Original try was drilling two holes on backside of igniter housing, then also making slit bigger. You can do it yourself as tsmith says. May need a new pot gasket as you need to take pot out to do it. You can pm balls of fire to see if he could post some pics as I don't know how. Or you could pm me your email address and I can send pics to you. I know how to do that. lol And igniters are pretty cheap on Amazon. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.