Quadra Fire Grand Voyaguer Review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gjohnson351

Jan 25, 2014
Minnesota
Hello everyone great forum here I have learned a lot of things. I had a Quadra Fire Grand Voyaguer installed recently and I really like how it turned out and runs. It has about 30 feet if ss 6 inch flue in an exterior brick chimney with a insulated block of plate. The first couple of fires I had were a learning experience for me as I had never burned e/w before, it took me awhile to learn how the insert liked to be loaded.The same goes for the air controls it took me awhile to figure out what settings to get an optimal burn. Once I figured it out it burns like a champ.I don't use the acc as I haven't really needed it and I found It didnt really make that much of a difference on start ups. The heat out put is very good with the blower on medium high. It can heat my older brick house and keep the temps in the 70's with it being -10 here in MN. My only complaint is the fan. I wish it was quieter. It pumps out a lot of heat on high with a roaring fire but the fan is pretty loud , I normally run it on medium where it is quieter. Overall I would rate this insert a 4.5 out of 5. pros: nice design, quality construction, large viewing area, good heat output.
cons: fan is loud on high and acc is a unused feature for me.
here are some pictures of it tmp_20140128_193217-1850807632.jpg tmp_20140128_193227-992332767.jpg

Glad it's working out for you!

I have a non-Grand Voyageur and I've been having issues. It burns 3-4 logs to complete ash in 2 hours. After a couple months of troubleshooting and back and forth with the dealer we figured out that the ACC lever is stuck OPEN and my glass door has a leak and my auto fan snap disk doesn't work properly. The dealer is coming back to fix it. Been pretty disappointing with it so far but I'm not going to give up. Once it starts working the way it was meant to I have to figure out where all that good heat is going because it does give off a lot of heat. My liner is insulated and I have the old damper blocked off tightly. I think my house has poor air movement. Insulation is good.

Hello everyone great forum here I have learned a lot of things. I had a Quadra Fire Grand Voyaguer installed recently and I really like how it turned out and runs. It has about 30 feet if ss 6 inch flue in an exterior brick chimney with a insulated block of plate. The first couple of fires I had were a learning experience for me as I had never burned e/w before, it took me awhile to learn how the insert liked to be loaded.The same goes for the air controls it took me awhile to figure out what settings to get an optimal burn. Once I figured it out it burns like a champ.I don't use the acc as I haven't really needed it and I found It didnt really make that much of a difference on start ups. The heat out put is very good with the blower on medium high. It can heat my older brick house and keep the temps in the 70's with it being -10 here in MN. My only complaint is the fan. I wish it was quieter. It pumps out a lot of heat on high with a roaring fire but the fan is pretty loud , I normally run it on medium where it is quieter. Overall I would rate this insert a 4.5 out of 5. pros: nice design, quality construction, large viewing area, good heat output.
cons: fan is loud on high and acc is a unused feature for me.
here are some pictures of itView attachment 125664 View attachment 125669
I'm in the market for that type insert. Can you tell me the window size. My dealer doesn't have one in stock.
Thanks.

Reactions: gjohnson351
Status
Not open for further replies.