QUADRA-FIRE IMPROVED AIR FLOW SYSTEM.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyd

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
Hughesville Md
Has anyone installed the improved air flow system on the Castile or the Santa Fe pellet stove? It's an upgrade from Qudra-Fire for the models prior to 06. What can I expect from the Upgrade? My stove seems to be working fine but the stove is new to me. Any pros or cons? Thanks Tony

I have never heard of this upgrade.... can you give details?

Are you talking about the air wash system for the front glass.

Around that time they changed it from the top of the glass to the bottom.

Attachments

• Air_Wash.JPG
    Air_Wash.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 1,120
The kit, Part# uk-30kpel Comes with a new top baffle and two side brackets that you install to hold the left and right brick back plates in the fire box. With the brackets installed, it angles the two back plates outward at either end creating more space behind the plates creating more air flow. The tech (great guys) at American hardware in Waldorf MD mentioned that they had the kits for my stove Quad Castile (and Santa Fe). It was given to me at no charge. I don't know if I need more air. Will more air make the stove run any better? Ill have to get it installed an check it out..

Ok, jpt, let me know when you have these in stock please! Tony, please post results! Just curious, I've always thought that this stove may benefit from a little more air, was once even told from a rep to drill an extra hole in the pot on the 'ski slope'. Didn't go there, but the kit sounds interesting.

Would it increase the flow through the heat exchangers or through the fire pot?. Is the port behind the right fire brick, for blow or exhaust?

From how you described, I would guess it would open up the exhaust path a bit? Yes, right brick, combustion fan back there.

The salesman who gave me the kit said you may have to drill one hole when you install the kit but wasn't sure about where the hole needed to be drilled.It's probable the hole suggested to drill in slope of the fire pot. Ill go back and talk to the tech and ask about the hole and where it needs to be drilled.

If the back brick panels are angled outward at either end, it needs no upgrade. If the panels are flat against the back wall, then yes it can be upgraded. That is what I was told.

I did get back with the tech at the stove shop and he said no holes needed to be drilled with the Improved air flow system for the Castile and Santa fe stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.