Quadra-Fire Isle Royale Brick Sizes?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PaulF

Nov 19, 2005
My Isle Royale is about 6 years old now and has a couple of cracked firebricks. I have read that replacements from Quadra-Fire are expensive. I plan to order some pumice replacements from online sources. I cannot measure my bricks now because I'm running the stove. Does anyone know the exact size of the bricks? From the instruction book, it appears there are 10 full-size bricks and 2 smaller pieces in the front.

PaulF

9 x 41/2 x 1 1/4" If i remember right, They cut super easy, in fact, I used a worn out wood hole saw to cut the holes for the rear last time, masonry blade or tile saw for the shorts.

I made my own set too, I used standard brick rather than pumice though. Just used the old ones as a pattern. 1" masonry hole saw worked well for the holes in the rear bricks.