Quadra-Fire Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radiodjs

Aug 27, 2008
Dover, NH
I just installed a Quadra-Fire Classic Bay 1200 Insert.

On the backwall, behind the firepot, are two baffle panels. The Right Baffle Panel keeps coming loose after I fire it up for about 5 minutes.

As I recall, when I brought the stove into the house this same panel fell off, so maybe it's just a bad fit for that part/maybe it's slightly warped?

I'm looking thru the Quadra-Fire website, but I don't see a phone number or any way to email them.

Perhaps they're 'hiding under their desks' as O'Reilly likes to say.

Has anyone else had the issue?

PS: Ease of customer service is something I should have considered prior to the purchase. So far I am not impressed by Quadra-Fire's customer service accessability.

here is quads phone # 1-800-926-4356....www. quadrafire.com....address is hearth & home technologies 1445 north highway Colville WA 99114....

Have you tried contacting your dealer where you bought the stove?

If it is like the FS there are 4 slots in the panel. To install put it against the wall to the top, then let it come down so the 4 slots lock.

slls said:
If it is like the FS there are 4 slots in the panel. To install put it against the wall to the top, then let it come down so the 4 slots lock.

I have done this several times, but when the stove heats up a little the top two "hooks" pop out and it is suspended (held in place) by the bottom two.

still on hold?

I called Quadra-Fire today and was helped right away. They took my info and gave me a reference number to give to the stove shop where I made the purchase. They want the public to interact with their dealers. The problem I have now is with the stove shop, All Basic out of Merrimack, NH. I called yesterday and left a message and again today, but no call back. I dropped 4 grand there, so you'd think that I'd be on their speed dial by now. I certainly hope they don't plan to open up a paramedic/ambulance division.

the squeaky hinge gets the oil......you'll squeak much louder standing at the dealer's counter.....

deercroft said:
the squeaky hinge gets the oil......you'll squeak much louder standing at the dealer's counter.....

X2

Status
Not open for further replies.