Quadra-Fire making a popping noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlb476s

Dec 3, 2010
Southwest Missouri
I am the new owner of a Quadra-Fire Classic Bay pellet stove insert. It puts out great heat, but i have notice a couple of different issues with it. After running for about 15-20 minutes, the cover/door for the ash pan with just pop open, i was wondering if that was normal. Also after it has burned pellets and the motor/fan is just running it makes loud popping noise, not very many maybe 3-4, but sounds like a balloon popping, its very loud, i was wondering if that was normal also. we have only had it for about 1 week and have cleaned it several times, but wanted to make sure these are normal things. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using long pellets? could be your auger motor making that noise and breaking the pellets as it turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.