Quadra Fire mechanic needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beo3

Jan 24, 2009
Orange County, NY
Does anyone have a name/number for a fair priced Quadra Fire service person in, or around Monroe in Orange County, NY?
My stove needs a bolt drilled out, and a serious cleaning. I feel its a little above my capabilities.

Thanks all,
Beo

If you go to Quadrafire.com, you can find a dealer near you on their dealer finder tab. What bolt do you need drilled out? Also don't sell yourself short, cleaning the stove is not that difficult, I am sure with a little help from forum members you would be able to handle it if you have a couple basic tools and a hearth or shop vac.

If you go to Quadrafire.com, you can find a dealer near you on their dealer finder tab. What bolt do you need drilled out? Also don't sell yourself short, cleaning the stove is not that difficult, I am sure with a little help from forum members you would be able to handle it if you have a couple basic tools and a hearth or shop vac.

X2... Quads are pretty straight forward. What model Quad do you own? And what bolt is snapped? (Burn pot?)

I have cleaned the entire unit myself in the past, but it is an older Non AE model. To remove the top plate you must first remove the firepot, and then the two screws located right and left of the feed ramp. The problem it that the right side has slipped a nutplate and just continually spins. In order to get a hold of it you must disassemble the entire unit from the rear. It is a major pain in the @$# and I'd rather just pay to have someone else do it. If it was just a disassembly/reassembly i wouldnt even give it any thought. I'm just so busy with work and kids I just dont have the time.

I have looked at Quadra-Fires website to locate dealers. Problem being the local dealer has got a stronghold on you, being that they are the only show within fifty miles. They make you pay accordingly too.

Thanks all,
BEO3

I have cleaned the entire unit myself in the past, but it is an older Non AE model. To remove the top plate you must first remove the firepot, and then the two screws located right and left of the feed ramp. The problem it that the right side has slipped a nutplate and just continually spins. In order to get a hold of it you must disassemble the entire unit from the rear. It is a major pain in the @$# and I'd rather just pay to have someone else do it. If it was just a disassembly/reassembly i wouldnt even give it any thought. I'm just so busy with work and kids I just dont have the time.

I have looked at Quadra-Fires website to locate dealers. Problem being the local dealer has got a stronghold on you, being that they are the only show within fifty miles. They make you pay accordingly too.

Thanks all,
BEO3

Why does the Firepot need removed? And why do screws beside the chute need removed?

Dont have a Vernon. So I am just wondering... They prob share the same exhaust passage. So other AE or Non AE members can help you better...

Have you removed the combustion blower? By removing it, you can generally reach a good portion of the exhaust passage (back half)?

Do you have any pics?

Last year I needed to tighten my burn pot bolts.. one of them were loose...

Status
Not open for further replies.