Quadra-fire Mt Vernon 2004 model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fitter21

Feb 21, 2010
Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
Problem I'm having with my stove for past 2 seasons is this, Heat output knob seems to be acting weird. Flame and sound of blower motor drops when I go from #2 setting to #3, (appears to operate like it is set on #1) Had service tech check it out, he can't find an issue. I replaced the Heat Output Control Knob, still the same issue, this has not happened in previous seasons. I have had several Control boxes replaced in the past. I noticed on my current Control Box there is an adjustment dial. This is currently set on #2. I don't see anything in owners manual about this "dial". Is this correct? Please help, I can't understand why I am having these problems now and the service tech can't figure it out either

I can't help you on the control knob issue but the setting #2 on the control box should normally be set at #1 and not #2. #2 provides a hgiher feed rate by 10%. I think the higher rate is used more for burning high moisture corn then for pellets. Go over to iburncorn.net and post your question under the Quadrafire heading. I would suggest doing a search before asking a question. There is a service tech on the site that will work with you to find what is wrong with your stove. His name is Kap and goes by Kappel ####. Good luck.

Bkins

A couple of more things I thought about. Make SURE you unplug the stove if you are going to change the setting on the control box. Since the contol box has been changed out a couple of times I would start looking for lose wire connections wherever any wire attaches. Also look for any pinched wires especially in the area where the control knob resides.

Why did the other control boxes need to be replaced? What was the stove doing, or not doing?

I would be looking for another tech to check out your stove especially if the one you had look at it said there was nothing wrong while you were experiencing the power/speed situation. Something is causing the problem.

Bkins

Call Quadrafire and ask. Mine only has 3 settings which are 0, 1. and 2. You have a different control box then I do. My stove was made in 05 so it is a year newer. It most probably has to do with the different types of fuel that can be burned and the rate at which the feeder feeds. When you changed out the control knob are you sure you got the wires back on correctly or was the problem there before you changed out the knob?

Status
Not open for further replies.