Quadra Fire MT Vernon AE Ignitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJSchmidt

Nov 6, 2008
Wisconsin, Appleton
I have a Quadra Fire MT Vernon AE and I've owned it for a little over a year and a half. I am already on my 4th ignotor. I was wondering if anyone else has problems like this. My dealer suggested running it on Manual with a heat output of 1 or 2 to help spare it a little more. I was running it on 3 most of the time except when it was well below zero.

I contacted Quadra Fire directly and they suggested an ignitor chamber upgrade. They said it wasn't required, but it would help this situation. Has anyone done this and know what it involves or how much it costs? So far the ignitors have been replaced under warenty, but they only do that for 2 years and then I will have to start paying for them.

The dealer should have done the igniter fix long ago. I think it came out during last winter I think. The cost should be nothing. It its not "required" but the impression I got was to do it on any unit that had a failed igniter under warranty so it wont go out again. It involves drilling two holes in the stainless steel chamber that holds the igniter and also spacing the igniter away from the chamber using some washers.

Status
Not open for further replies.