quadra-fire Mt Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrism

Feeling the Heat
Oct 8, 2009
Eastern PA
I'm sure this has been asked alot!! i have a pellet stove in the basement and i want to get the heat upstairs any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Put the stove upstairs ;)

Hmm... I was going to suggest you search but I still don't think it works right on this site. Newest post it finds with the word "basement" is from January, it should have at least found this one.

Hmm... seriously though, put the stove in the area you want to heat. They are zone heaters.

You could try doing floor vents, someone on here once said they were dangerous because a fire will spread faster through them...

Do you have a one story or a two story house? You can probably get the heat up one story , 2 is going to be hard.

Can you cut a vent in the basement ceiling? Do you a a forced air furnace that draws air from the basement? If so you, can try running just the fan.
Try heating the basement to 10 degree hotter than you normally keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.