Quadra fire Mt. Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorfan

Nov 15, 2009
northern new york
I am currently in the market for a pellet stove. I found a used 2003 Quadrafire Mt. Vernon for $1200. I have read multiple reviews for the Mt. Vernon AE. Unfortunately I have been unable to find any information on the older Mt. Vernon models. Have any issues been reported on the older models? Is $1200 to much for this stove? Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

If you figure the 30% rebate available on a new stove it may be worth a second look at new stove. Don't know what a Quad costs new. I'd be more comfortale with $900.00... I have a St. Croix i bought used 3 seasons ago for $1100.00 (no rebates then).... found an identical stove near me for $500.00 last month. Check CL for more stoves... they are out there.

This past summer I bought a 2006 Mt Vernon (non-ae). off of CL locally. I wanted the big stove to heat most of my house and the Mrs. liked the color of the Enamel Mahagany ( or whatever they call it). I have been very happy with mine. I had to replace the combustion fan because it was a little noisy. I did a test fire in the driveway before installing. The 2009 My Vernon AE was 4400.00. To date I have $1800.00 in mine. Install not included in either price. But bear in mind I am a cheep SOB.

*****NOTE****
Manuals are still available for download free at the QF website***

Status
Not open for further replies.