Quadra Fire Pellet Insert - Castile vs. CB 1200i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaBee

Feb 2, 2015
Oregon
I currently have a Quadra Fire Castile Pellet Insert that is getting replaced through warranty due to cracked heat exchanger tubes. The repair man suggested that we replace it with the Classic Bay 1200i because it would be more efficient for our large open living area. Our entire house is approx 2000 sf. I've read bad reviews on the 1200i but I've already lived through some issues with my Castile. Besides the cracked heat exchanger tube my biggest complaint was the ratting and loud blower of the Castile. We have replaced the pellet auger, burn pot and some circuit board. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks for your help. :)

Have you looked at any of the ecochoice stoves from heatilator? They are owned by HHT also. And the 1200 is a good stove also. You know, for every stove someone complains about, there are hundreds of others that owners are happy with. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.