Quadra Fire pellet stove nuisance shut downs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Oakes, my local Central Maine Quad dealer of Don's Stove Shop called me up after he had read my posts and he let me bring my control box in to try on his demo Castile, which wouldn't reproduce the problem on start up w/ his stove, but he let me try a new control box to take home and put in my stove and, rejoice!!!, it fired and started re-feeding the first time. I'll let it do a few shut downs and cold starts to make sure the problem is fixed, but it looks like it was indeed the box going bad. Don had never seen that type of early generation control box before, but he is going to tweak w/ it to see if what looks like component setting adjustments inside the box can adjust the pellet feed as the newer boxes do. You can't beat that kind of dealer service - thanks Don if you read this before I get back to you!!

Sounds like a helluva good dealer! Does he want to move to Georgia?? I bet those jumper settings inside are for feed rate. I just don't bet very much...................... :)
Anyway, glad to hear you are up and running.

DMKNLD I don't know where Don's store is located in Maine, but hats off to Don that's a great dealer!!!!!

Don's Stove Shop is in Livermore ME, between Auburn and Farmington just off Rt 4. Don spent several hours w/ me on this issue. When he said "We'll get this running right for you" he obviously wasn't just, excuse the pun, 'blowing dealer smoke'. Though I inherited the stove from our prior farmhouse owner, I'll buy my next pellet stove upgrade from him when you get such good dealer service - certainly not the norm anymore as it used to be in the retail biz. My stove's had 3 shut - down / cold restarts cycles now w/ no problems - starts up better than ever. What $ I put into a new box will certainly cost less than the extra fuel oil I'd burn by the end of the winter, and I'll gladly pay Don for his good service than Dead River Oil Co profiteers any day!! Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions from this forum - I learned allot!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.