1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Quadra Fire Remote Control Thermostat Issues

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by buckscrape, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckscrape

buckscrape Member

Loc:
    Townsend (North Central MA)
    I am thinking of purchasing a Remote Control Style Thermostat that Quadra Fire has available as an option in lieu of the hard wired mounted style, the dealer doesn't recommend the remote style anyone have this style and what are the issues if any you have noticed? Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MainePellethead

MainePellethead Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Harry: I have the Wireless Remote Thermostat for my Quadra-Fire Castille...I LOVE it! :) Seriously. It comes with a holder that you can mount on the wall or you can place the remote anywhere you want. I placed my holder on the wall in my hallway....its been there ever since I got it at the first of January. Again....love it :)
  3. buckscrape

buckscrape Member

Loc:
    Townsend (North Central MA)
    AwsumSS - Thanks for the reply, it's just that the dealer said stay away from it, I couldn't see why there is/was a problem, but I figure if anyone out there has the remote they would respond, and you did, with the holder etc. seems like the right way to go and you could always convert to a permanent thermostat. Again thanks!
  4. MainePellethead

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    ypur welcome...no problem. Again I love mine....can place it anywhere I want...it warns you when the batteries are getting low etc....mine has worked fawlessly. :)
  5. JimmyD

JimmyD New Member

Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Dealer sounds like a d!@k. The Quad remote rules. Batteries must be replaced each season. No issues with it. Full speed ahead.

Jim
  6. jtp10181

jtp10181 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Madison, WI
    Only current issues with the SMART-STAT remotes is the range. Sometimes the range is great and sometimes we get duds. If its good out of the box they work fine over time.
  7. MainePellethead

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    The dealer sounds like the Breckwell dealer we went to before I decided to buy the Quad(thats not why we bought the Quad tho). When we looked at the Breckwell we asked about the log set and the dealer and his wife spoke simultaneously and said..."Ew...we dont recommend the log set, we think its looks awful" LOL....I was like....."um...ok" . lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.