Quadra Fire Remote Control Thermostat Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of purchasing a Remote Control Style Thermostat that Quadra Fire has available as an option in lieu of the hard wired mounted style, the dealer doesn't recommend the remote style anyone have this style and what are the issues if any you have noticed? Thanks!

HarryG said:
I am thinking of purchasing a Remote Control Style Thermostat that Quadra Fire has available as an option in lieu of the hard wired mounted style, the dealer doesn't recommend the remote style anyone have this style and what are the issues if any you have noticed? Thanks!

Harry: I have the Wireless Remote Thermostat for my Quadra-Fire Castille...I LOVE it! :) Seriously. It comes with a holder that you can mount on the wall or you can place the remote anywhere you want. I placed my holder on the wall in my hallway....its been there ever since I got it at the first of January. Again....love it :)

AwsumSS - Thanks for the reply, it's just that the dealer said stay away from it, I couldn't see why there is/was a problem, but I figure if anyone out there has the remote they would respond, and you did, with the holder etc. seems like the right way to go and you could always convert to a permanent thermostat. Again thanks!

HarryG said:
AwsumSS - Thanks for the reply, it's just that the dealer said stay away from it, I couldn't see why there is/was a problem, but I figure if anyone out there has the remote they would respond, and you did, with the holder etc. seems like the right way to go and you could always convert to a permanent thermostat. Again thanks!

ypur welcome...no problem. Again I love mine....can place it anywhere I want...it warns you when the batteries are getting low etc....mine has worked fawlessly. :)

Dealer sounds like a d!@k. The Quad remote rules. Batteries must be replaced each season. No issues with it. Full speed ahead.

Jim

Only current issues with the SMART-STAT remotes is the range. Sometimes the range is great and sometimes we get duds. If its good out of the box they work fine over time.

The dealer sounds like the Breckwell dealer we went to before I decided to buy the Quad(thats not why we bought the Quad tho). When we looked at the Breckwell we asked about the log set and the dealer and his wife spoke simultaneously and said..."Ew...we dont recommend the log set, we think its looks awful" LOL....I was like....."um...ok" . lol

Status
Not open for further replies.