Quadra Fire Santa Fe auger issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

icecop44

Jan 24, 2012
Metro West
Hello All,

Thanks for this outlet I have learned so much by reading all of the posts.

This past Saturday my stove decided to stop working. After poking around it seems that the auger is not moving. I have called my dealer a few times, he has given me a few things to do and I have completed all of them.
This afternoon I have unscrewed the auger assembly and shook it and to my surprise I heard several pellets fall. Now I ran out of time to see if it worked, lunch hour.
The blowers come on, not the heat blower as the temp. is not high enough with out more pellets falling, I have the red light and the green light glows from atop of the control box. Last night I heard the auger motor getting power and wanting to turn the auger.

Any suggestions if this doesn't work when I get home?
I will again unscrew the assembly and look to see if there are other pellets. I was also just instructed by my dealer, when I take the assembly out I should be able to more the auger by hand.

Thank you, sorry to be long winded.

Icecop44

Make sure the rubber tube/hose that goes from the vacuum switch to the auger drop chute is clean. The end by the drop chute gets clogged with fines.

Remove the hose from the vacuum switch and blow into hose (blowing in hose toward stove) to clean it out. If the stove doesn't sense any vacuum, it wont send power to the auger.

Worth a shot and only takes a second.

(Do this with the stove unplugged/ should be unplugged anyways because your working on it) ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.