Quadra-fire Yosemite question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sooz

Jul 29, 2008
NW Alaska
I'm considering the Quadra-fire Yosemite, but I live in a remote part of Alaska not connected to the road system, so I don't have the opportunity to actually view the stove. I've only found one review for the Yosemite, so I'm hoping to hear from others about their experience with this stove. I wonder, when a company primarily makes steel box stoves, but has one or two cast iron stoves in their line, are these cast irons as good as the ones sold by companies only producing cast iron stoves, like Morso? On the phone the dealer described it as a steel box with cast iron bolted to it, which left me wondering. Any thoughts or experiences you can share??? Also - ours is a 1200 sq ft house but we're only really trying to heat about 700 sq ft, although we frequently see -20F with wind (And this morning - on August 2, it was 36 F!!!). Is this too much stove for our circumstances? Thanks so much!!! You all rock!

I would consider a PE Alderlea instead if you are going to burn driftwood. The secondary tubes will likely be the first thing to burn out. And I would buy a larger stove for your climate. Look at the PE Alderlea T5 for example. http://www.pacificenergy.net/product_alderleaT5.php

Also consider getting a spare secondary baffle when ordering the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.