quadra fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

txiko

Dec 29, 2007
metrowest ma
Hi, I have a Castile quadra fire pellet stove, I have cleaned and put everything together, but when I turned on the blower doesn't start and I can see at the control box the green and red light. Does anybody know what I did wrong or what the problem can be?
Thanks.

There should be a call for heat light which is RED. Not the red one on the box but a separate one. Is that lit up when you are calling for heat?

Also, unplug the stove and then plug it back in again. Does the combustion blower run for about 15 minutes?

The red light calling for heat it is on, also the green and the red at the box. I don't see the blower running at all.
I have unplugged and plugged the stove a couple of times but nothing.
Thanks

Having problems again, suddenly the stove stops feeding pellet. I have clean the hopper just in case it was plugged.
I can see a green light blinking in the fire box. Any help? Thanks

How long have you had the stove? What was done while cleaning the stove? Is the first time you've cleaned it? How was it running prior to the cleaning? Did you recently change pellet brand?

I have cleaned, the firebricks, vacuumed inside exhaust venting system, baffle etc. It was running very good and yes I have changed the pellet brand.
I have the stove off for an hour or so and I started it up and everything was working good for ten-fifteen minutes; now it doesn't get any more pellets so it is
shutting down( I guess). The red light asking for heat is on as well the green and red in the control box.
Thank you

did you try the reset button? Press it once and have the feed start and the fire light. Press the reset button a second time and see if it remains lit.

I did it, but the pellets don't come down. Everything looks like is working except the feeding. I have put pellet in it and it works till no more pellet in the box.
This is driving me nuts. Thanks

Are the new pellets much longer than the previous brand? Can you describe them? What brand pellets are they?

I do not know if the new pellets are longer than the old ones. I have been using the pellets from lowes the brand was Green Team(premium hardwood pellet wood), they didn't have those yesterday so I got Natures One(premium grade wood pellet). I'm going to take all the pellets out and put the old ones and see if that works.
Thanks

How long are the new pellets? How long are the old ones?

BG, the pellets are almost the same. I have emptied the hopper and put the old pellets, and nothing. Like I mentioned before, the igniter gets red, the red light asking for heat is on and in the control box I can see the green light( inside blinking). If I put the pellet in the box it works till the pellets are gone. Thanks

If I put the pellet in the box it works till the pellets are gone.

I may be getting confused here with the terminology. What box? Do you mean the burn pot or hopper?

How long are the pellets?

Is this the older Quad not the AE. Did you vacuum around the control box and bonk the settings. They need to be on 1or 2 I believe. Any other setting and it wont run properly. I had this problem. The other settings are for future stoves. Ill take my cover off later and look at my settings.

OK, the pellet length is not likely the issue. If you had said 1 1/4" long, it might have been. Are you following debbie's Mt. Vernon thread? The situation and advice is similar. We need to determine if the auger is turning and if not, why.

wahsega said:
Is this the older Quad not the AE. Did you vacuum around the control box and bonk the settings. They need to be on 1or 2 I believe. Any other setting and it wont run properly. I had this problem. The other settings are for future stoves. Ill take my cover off later and look at my settings.

It's a Castille, but that is a good suggestion to look for.

Opened mine up and I have a 4 speed control panel. It has no markings on it like the 1st one did before this replacement. Had problems when we first bought it. I have the service manual for Castile if you want I can e-mail it. This isn't the owners manual but the one techs use.

txiko, did the auger try turning at all when you had all the pellets out and could see it?

Did you check the vacuum line going to the vacuum switch to see if it was plugged?

How are your electrical skills?

Hi:
The vacuum line was plugged and I believe the auger try to turn when the pellets were out.
My electrical skill are great.
It has to be something simple that I'm over looking.
Thanks

OK, can you restate the problem you are having now?

Reading back it sounds like the convection blower wasn't coming on. But now it is. Then the auger stopped feeding, but you found a clogged vacuum line.

So what is the current problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.