Quadrafire 1000 Dead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlwinchell

Mar 8, 2009
[email protected]
Hi I came home last night and my ole faithful Q1000 (free standing) was not ticking. No call light, no auger, no fans, DEAD. I figured the breaker/fuse blew or maybe the batteries in thermostat are dead. I've done various repairs over the years but this one is new territory.

I happened to score a parts stove last year that was in near working condition. So I tried a few things with no success.

1) Tested outlet - voltage good - tested toaster on outlet.
2) Tried jumping thermostat wires to make sure it's not a thermostat issue
2) Changed out fuse
3) Changed out computer board.

Let me know what you think I should try next or let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Mike

Did you jumper the thermostat at the thermostat or at the stove? Do it at the stove.
Does that stove start the exhaust fan when you first plug it in like the newer models? If it did but doesn't now, then time to really troubleshoot. Do you have a manuual and schematic?

Status
Not open for further replies.