Quadrafire 1100 insert secondary blower not working right

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedl

Oct 9, 2016
Ontario
hi! New to the forum, looking for help. I have a quadrafire 1100 insert that was already installed in a house I bought. It's worked well for 3 years but last year near the end of the season it began having a problem. The thermostat kicks the unit on just fine, feeds pellets, fire starts, but the secondary blower that kicks in once it's hot and pumps the heat out started getting flaky. It starts, stops, etc and eventually stays on. Last fire of the season it didn't start at all and I never ran it again. I called the local shop and they said it's probably the snap disc that senses the heat is sufficiently hot go bad. From what I can gather (I'm new to this) that would be snap disc #1. I can't find a diagram saying where that is located. The shop recommended I find the disc, "jumper it"??? And see if the fan stays on. If so, replace it. I don't know how to find the snap disc or how to jumper it...can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Always unplug before working in the cabinet. They do not have a wiring diagram in the manual to show you location of the snap disc. The best I can do is direct you to Pellet stove pro on amazon that shows a photo of what it looks like. You should be able to follow the wiring from the blower to the snap disc. There are three snap discs in the stove. Snap #3 has a red reset button in the middle and is NOT the one you want. Snap #2 overrides the thermostat and is rated at 250* so that should be stamped on it somewhere on the body. Snap #1 is your low limit which will be rated around 110 or 120 depending on manufacturer.

You could also go back to the stove shop and ask for a wiring diagram or some way to locate it ie right side or left...

Hope this helps. Good luck and keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.