Quadrafire 1100i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacksaw

Nov 7, 2007
NY
Can a Quadrafire 1100i be set up to run as a stand alone stove or does it have to be installed as an insert? I am looking to install a new stove but do not have another fire place to install this into. The price of the stove is the driver as I have found one at a great price.

You can probably down load a manual, but I do believe it is only approved for fireplace installations

you need to find a free standing stove

All the current Quad inserts need to be installed into an existing functioning fireplace. I doubt any of the older models deviated from this.

I wasn't going ot post anymore but..... that 1100I can be installed like a zero clearance fireplace. So while you don't have to have an exisiting fireplace you'll have to frame it in and run the pellet vent off the unit. That was one of our favorite pellet units from back in the day because we could butcher ZC's to get the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.