Quadrafire 1200 CB1200 wont stay running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbud3

Dec 21, 2009
NY
Hi-
We are having some issues with the pellet stove .
7 years old , no major issues, snap ring etc
Stove turns on by thermostat , feed spellets , only runs less than 10 minutes shuts off .
Goes thru normal cycle to cool down.
Wont restart unless I hit call light.
This is what I have done
Total cleaning..ash pan door baffles etc
took apart vent cleaned
checked thermcouple - But not really know what I am looking for (just twisted wires??)
auger is good
Vac hose blew clear

Please help

Sounds like thermocouple is bad.

Do you have a clear control box or a grey one? If its clear, what for a green then red light inside the box. If you do not get this, the box does not think there is enough heat (fire) for it to drop more pellets in. You can also hook up a multimeter to the thermocouple on the lowest DC setting, I think you want to get around 17mv (or 0.017) for the red light to come on in the control box (not the call for heat light).

Status
Not open for further replies.