QuadraFire 1200, Igniter won't heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roundsound

Dec 8, 2011
New Mexico
Using my multimeter with hot tip to igniter leads and cold tip to ground (also tried every other combination, terminal). 0 Voltage and cold igniter when the stove is started.

I have the grey control box and it flashes green when I plug it in. About 1 flash per second. Call light is red. Everything else seems right. Auger feeds pellets, etc.

The stove was lighting yesterday but would shut off after a half hour or so. I'm just getting the stove running after about 2 years off.

Thanks for the help.

If the wires from the control box to the ignitor are OK, then that leaves the control box itself. I'm not sure what else it could be.

put direct power to the ignitor its the fastest way to find out if its good if it gets hot you have a bad control box or a bad fuse in your control box

Thanks for the help everybody. It was, indeed, a bad ignitor. I pulled one out of one of my old 1000 Classics and it lit right up.

Again, thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.